1. Looking for Work
Here's a brief overview of my background:
- Four years' experience doing technical support, in-person and over email.
- Created weekly video tutorials for AgileBits' YouTube channel.
- In Local 600 as a Digital Utility. I have extensive experience on-set and in post-production.
- Photograph live events, in particular drag shows.
- During my undergrad, I was lead film critic at Berkeley's newspaper.
You can learn more by checking out my resume.
2. Continuing Education
- Completed a two-day course that was organized by Local 600, on best practices for 2nd ACs. Last fall, I took a course on best practices for handling media.
- Studying for the CompTIA A+ exam, since it provides a decent background in entry-level help desk support.
3. Keeping Busy
- Cooking more often, particularly now that I have a larger stove. I really like Blue Apron, but its wastefulness (in transportation and storage material) gives me pause.
- Watching more movies on FilmStruck. And I just subscribed to MoviePass, though they may be going out of business soon.
- Reading issues of The New Yorker and attempting to read more books, in general.
- Watching educational YouTube videos and Let's Plays to decompress.